Jean-Francois wrote:
Hello All,

I am thinking about changing my OS to OpenBSD on my laptop, which is standard x86.

I thought from your previous postings you already do all this and more.

It would be used as internet browser, mail client, multimedia, pciture & video , etc ...

It is perfect for everything, except your mileage may vary based on what you mean by "multimedia, pciture & video, etc."

My question is simple, is OpenBSD convenient enough for a daily usage ?
What are the experiences about that ?

Its great! Works very well on my laptops and netbooks and desktops.

Just to be sure, as of today, is ntfs experimental or working, or not ? for read ? for r/w ?

Not part of the base install. You have to build a custom kernel and I believe it is experimental and read only.

I will certainly do with gnome wm.

I know such question might not be very convenient to answer, this is just to be sure I can peacefully back-up my data and reinstall freshly without worrying about anything but being using a great os.

Go for it :)

Thanks

--
Vijay Sankar, M.Eng., P.Eng.