Ilya Ilembitov <ilembi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> And you're lucky if you don't need Unicode. For me that's a big
> show-stopper on a desktop machine. Once OpenBSD gets UTF-8, there
> won't be just any reason for me not to use it on a laptop. All my
> hardware (Thinkpad X200s) is supported, all the apps I need are there.
> It's just that I don't want to think about the encoding of the files I
> get on USB sticks, etc. There should be some UTF-love coming to 4.8, I
> believe.

If You are talking about Stefan Sperling's work on UTF-8 (announced on
Undeadly), than it works for me exceptionally and I'm freely reading and
writing my Russian language mails in uxterm. But no codepage option for
mount_msdos yet.

> Oh, and one more thing - think about any proprietary software you want
> to use. Because you're likely won't be able to do so. It's not just
> Flash, but also Skype, for example.

Linux binary emulation?

http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=mount_ntfs

--