On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 11:38 AM, Claudio Jeker
<cje...@diehard.n-r-g.com> wrote:
>> I am having a hard time getting a non-encrypted gif(4) tunnel working.
>> Can anyone share a working config? I think if I can get gif(4) working
>> right then I can get vether(4) working as well. Thanks again!
>>

> ifconfig gif0 tunnel 192.168.1.1 192.168.2.17 up
> ifconfig bridge0 add gif0 add fxp1 up
> sysctl net.inet.etherip.allow=1
>
> This is all documented in gif(4) btw.

I did follow those steps exactly.

On host1:

ifconfig em0 1.1.1.1/24 up
ifconfig gif0 tunnel 1.1.1.1 2.2.2.2 up
ifconfig vether0 1.1.2.1/30 up
ifconfig bridge0 add gif0 add vether0 up

On host2:

ifconfig em0 2.2.2.2/24 up
ifconfig gif0 tunnel 2.2.2.2 1.1.1.1 up
ifconfig vether0 1.1.2.2/30 up
ifconfig bridge0 add gif0 add vether0 up

I'm not sure how to route between the hosts. If I ping the vether0
address from the other host in either case I get a no route to host.
Thank you for your help. I'm sure I'm just missing something obvious.

Bryan