02.08.2008 14:28, Pau wrote:
I am using an old FJS lifebook P7010 and everything works just fine...
wireless, sound, X, apm -C keeps it relatively silent and if you get
the second battery, you'll get a 1.8Kg sub-notebook running obsd for
about 6 hours

I believe the newer FJS lifebooks are much more noisy and have a
reduced battery life (that's core duo for you)

It doesn't suspend, though, but I can live without that

Pau

Does anybody still use this machine?

> wireless
Original iwi(4) miniPCI card that comes with this sub-notebook takes
down from time to time with "fatal firmware error",
"unknown authentication state 1" et cetera on 4.8-current with GENERIC
kernel. Maybe it gone broken with some commit if it worked perfectly
before from your words.

> It doesn't suspend
I see the ACPI is kinda buggy on this machine. At least it doesn't work
with current 4.8 still and maybe never will.
I've got effect like "broken screen" at this notebook when i tried to
bring machine into light or deep sleep. Same behaviour when trying
to run X with default generated config (X -configure).

I'm still use it without X config, and graphics works well, DRM too
as with most of integrated adapters which are supported by intel(4).
Looks like 915resolution gone integrated, since mine runs in native
resolution without any hacks.