Henning Brauer wrote:
2. I would like graphics hardware acceleration. I know I need to
>  stay away from nVidia. The T60 comes with ATI Radeon and the T61 is
>  the integrated Intel 965GM.
>
>  Is there anything else I need to be concerned with regarding OpenBSD
>  on the T-Series? What would you guys choose and why?
T61. why?

It's a good step up from my T22, which I've been using for about 5 years. I've always been happy with Thinkpads. I got the T22 when it was about 3 years old for about 250USD. Now I'm back in the market because the T22 is getting a little slow. The T6[01] are in the 250USD range and are about 3 years old now, so it's perfect for me running OpenBSD. I never spend more than 400 for a system.

LVDS connected 1400x1050+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 287mm x
215mm

these are a bit hard to find tho. but I really don't see the point in
an XGA 14" display (XGA is for 12" :)), and I hate all that widescreen
shit. 14.1" 1400x1050 is awesome.

I love all the wide screen shit! I decided to buy a T61 with Intel graphics GM965. It has the 15.4" WSXGA+ (1680x1050). I also got the docking station with a DVI out. I'm not sure if it will run my 24" WUXGA monitor at it's native 1920x1200 resolution though.