On 11/10/2010 12:39 PM, Kevin Chadwick wrote:
On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 10:45:15 -0500
Joe McDonagh<joseph.e.mcdon...@gmail.com>  wrote:

On 11/10/2010 09:09 AM, Diana Eichert wrote:
I just saw the v20z 4.8 dmesg on ajacoutot@ webpage and
noticed he was running i386 instead of 64-bit.  Curious
if that is just a preference on his part or an issue
with running 64-bit O/S on the box.

g.day

diana

I've had a lot of problems with the amd64 kernel, mostly on HP DL3xx
systems. Very difficult to track down and 100% remediable by moving to i386.

It's a shame considering it's a more secure cpu stack, but that's
just life. Is there certain hardware that it works flawlessly and as
well as i386 on?

No clue, however in talks with several developers I was told the hard locks I was experiencing aren't exactly 'rare', and have gotten worse over time.

--
Joe McDonagh
AIM: YoosingYoonickz