Hello Ted,

thanks, first of all. Del key is now working marvellously :)
(btw, is this hack valid cross platform?)

Instead Home and End are still stuck... buy, maybe, this could be due to the
fact that where I'm experimenting is a laptop (dell latitude L400) and I'm
getting respectively Home with Fn+PgUp and End with Fn+PgDn.

I'm getting day by day more into ctrl-A/E hype :D
I'll try on a toshiba (with native Home and End keys) in a couple of days,
though.