I'm whacked and obviously missing something BUT I did ask a guy who
wrote a seriously good TCP/IP course years ago.

Scenario:
Datacentre.
2 Soekris 5501s with a 4 port card = 4 * vr + 4 * sis
One is active bgpd, other is warm standby.
vr0 on #1 is 192.168.1.1
vr0 on #2 is 192.168.1.2
There is a cable directly connrcted #1 to #2
I have been syncing config files over that port<--cable->--port for
ages.
Suddenly it doesn't work. I can't ping either way. ifconfig vr0 on
either shows same media, active, correct IP and netmask.,

Tech went to DC and reports:
Verified no pings work on that network.
Neither can he ping either unit from a PC  with an IP in the
192.168.1.0/24 range.
Changing cable changed nothing else.
tcpdump on each end showed expected aro who-has requests without
answer.when pinging on the tcpdump box. No sign of activity at t'other
end's tcpdump.
pf is not running.

This is OT because, although we are running OpenBSD and OpenBGPd it
really isn't a problem I could ascribe to the OS.

OTOH I don't know where there are cluier network people....

Help?
A 4*whatever is welcome. :-)

*** NOTE *** Please DO NOT CC me. I <am> subscribed to the list.
Mail to the sender address that does not originate at the list server is
tarpitted. The reply-to: address is provided for those who feel compelled to
reply off list. Thankyou.

Rod/
---
This life is not the real thing.
It is not even in Beta.
If it was, then OpenBSD would already have a man page for it.