On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 05:34:02PM +0200, Michiel van Es wrote:
> Hello OpenSMTPD!
>
> I am using opensmtpd portable 5.3.3p1 on my raspberry pi with the

Nice :-)

> following configuration:
>
> [...]
>
> My question is if there are ways to reduce spam?

Myself, I used OpenSMTPD along with OpenBSD's spamd and a few spamtraps.
I used to have a bayesian filter run from my ~/.forward file, but it was
annoying and I don't get that much spam with spamd turned on.

> I am using procmail with spamassassin to tag the spam but it would
> be nice to block certain mailers at SMTP level (for example HELO,
> RBL, SPF, URIBL level).
> Is this possible ?
>
> I read something about certain helo checks? how would I check for
> valid helo hostnames in the smtp transaction?

It's not possible at the OpenSMTPD level yet. You need to rely on some
external utility that can talk SMTP so that your OpenSMTPD relay to it
and the tool relays back.

--
Gilles Chehade

https://www.poolp.org                                          @poolpOrg