On 19.01.2015 16:57, Jason Barbier wrote:
Read the descriptions in the manual pages it makes it pretty clear.
virtual is a specific type of aliasing.
userbase changes the user database where look ups happen.

Hm, sorry, I still don't get what you want to tell me.

My understanding of aliasing is the following: https://github.com/OpenSMTPD/OpenSMTPD/wiki/Do-I-want-alias-to-virtual%3F

As I am not working with system users I feel like virtual is the way to go for me. As you seem to know what I am missing here I would really appreciate if you could tell me what exactly this is.

The manual pages don't make me feel like I am wrong in choosing the virtual way of aliasing.

Thanks for your help.