On 01/20/15 12:35, Benedikt Nie_en wrote:
Am 19.01.2015 um 23:50 schrieb Edgar Pettijohn <ed...@pettijohn-web.com>:

On 01/19/15 09:57, Jason Barbier wrote:
Read the descriptions in the manual pages it makes it pretty clear.
virtual is a specific type of aliasing.
userbase changes the user database where look ups happen.

The "userbase" section could be clearer.  I made the same mistake before
getting things right.

!DSPAM:1,54bd8a6450651319414385!

Gilles said this once as a comment to a similar scenario:

"This can be achieved using a catchall:

table domains { example.org, example.com }
table vusers { "@" => user }
table userbase { user => user:10:100:/tmp }

If you're going to create a virtual setup where all mail ultimately hits the same userinfo, it
should be virtualized at the "virtual" level, not at the "users" level.

I dont see how userbase is doing what I want.

The user base format is as follows:

joe     1000:100:/home/virtual/joe

This is not what I have and what I need. I dont have local users who receive
emails. All email arriving to the server is forwarded to 2 or 3 addresses which
are not hosted on this server.

So I feel my configuration is quite correct.

Regards
Ben.
The way I got things working (not in production yet) is basically the same minus the userbase and then dovecot is handling which mailbox to put it in based on the username it is sent to.