On Sat, Apr 11, 2015 at 04:06:49PM +0100, Craig Skinner wrote:
> On 2015-04-11 Sat 16:04 PM |, Joerg Jung wrote:
> >
> > From my understanding, the user connects on port 25 (using STARTTLS and
> > SMTP AUTH), is blocked by spamd (451 temporarily greylisted for 25 min),
> > but usually MUAs try again some seconds later...
>
> Users connect to the submission port 587 via their MUAs.

As I wrote earlier, in my (inherited) migration scenario some users
still connect on port 25 via their MUAs.

> Otherwise, request them to upgrade their mail app to something that's
> less than 20 years old.

Sure, that is what I'm currently working on and why I wrote *legacy*
users. Unfortunately, in real world scenarios (with thousands of users)
such migrations take a while, thus I need to provide the legacy access a
little bit longer.