Thank you both for quick reply
All is clear now
Regards

------Oryginalna wiadomość------
Od: Peter N. M. Hansteen
Nadawca: Peter N. M. Hansteen,,,
Do: Gilles Chehade
DW: michalzient...@gmail.com
DW: misc@opensmtpd.org
Temat: Re: Question
Wysłano: 19 maj 2015 09:50

On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 09:10:59AM +0200, Gilles Chehade wrote:
> OpenSMTPD does not support "bad rcpt throttling" as a specific mechanism
> but supports a more generic "bad command throttling" where a bad command
> is any command that has not helped moved the session forward.
>
> If you accumulate enough bad commands in a row and that your session has
> not moved forward, you get kicked, which is a hard disconnect.
> See bottom of this mail.
>
> Bad clients can then be blocked with a packet filter (just an example):
>
> pass inet proto tcp from any to any port smtp flags S/SA keep state \
>             (max-src-conn 10, max-src-conn-rate 15/5, overload <bruteforce>
> flush global)

On OpenBSD at least, it should also be possible to periodically run a script
that parses smtpd logs
for the IP addresses of misbehaving hosts and calls spamdb(8) to add those to
spamd(8)'s local
greytrap blacklist. In my setup I have some of that as well as automatic
harvesting of
bad addresses in the local domains for inclusion in the local traplist (see eg
[1] and references therein).

Also, for the bruteforce table members, I have accumulated some anecdotal
evidence that
'block drop from <bruteforce> probability 90%' may have them shut up faster
than just your
regular block drop (but further studies and data massaging are required for
firm conclusions).

[1] http://www.bsdly.net/~peter/traplist.shtml

http://bsdly.blogspot.com/ http://www.bsdly.net/ http://www.nuug.no/