On Fri, Apr 08, 2016 at 06:53:26PM +0200, Michiel van Es wrote:
> > On 08 Apr 2016, at 17:08, Joerg Jung <[email protected]> wrote:
> > 
> > Yes, and the mail goes through now, right!?
> 
> Yes.
> 
> > You can of course remove the additional DEBUG 
> > log right before the if statement now, this was
> > just for me to see the error number(s)
> 
> I will remove it later.
> I do get also the following:
> 
> Apr  8 17:58:55 server smtpd[17896]: smtp-in: New session 7dc7202ec8c95247 
> from host 218.241.238.141 [218.241.238.141]
> Apr  8 17:59:01 server filter-dnsbl-surriel[17901]: warn: DEBUG: 
> ar_gai_errno=0, EAI_NODATA=-2, EAI_NONAME=-2, gai_strerror=‘Unknown error'
> Apr  8 17:59:01 server filter-dnsbl-surriel[17901]: warn: session 
> 7dc7202ec8c95247: event_dispatch: REJECT address ar_gai_errno=0
> Apr  8 17:59:01 server smtpd[17896]: smtp-in: Failed command on session 
> 7dc7202ec8c95247: "" => 554 5.7.1 Address in DNSBL
> 
> and
> 
> Apr  8 17:41:27 server filter-dnsbl-spamhaus[17900]: warn: DEBUG: 
> ar_gai_errno=0, EAI_NODATA=-2, EAI_NONAME=-2, gai_strerror=‘Unknown error'
> Apr  8 17:41:27 server filter-dnsbl-spamhaus[17900]: warn: session 
> 7dc7202ac46f75ad: event_dispatch: REJECT address ar_gai_errno=0
> Apr  8 17:41:27 server smtpd[17896]: smtp-in: Failed command on session 
> 7dc7202ac46f75ad: "" => 554 5.7.1 Address in DNSBL
> Apr  8 17:41:27 server smtpd[17896]: smtp-in: Closing session 7dc7202ac46f75ad
> 
> I would expect something like: hit or true instead of Unknown error.
> These mails are blocked but I am wondering if it is correct and that
> just the error message is just not so ‘correct’.

This "unknown error" comes from my DEBUG message and is correct,
because: "unknown error" means gai_errno == 0 means no getaddrinfo()
error, means address was successful resolved, means is IP listed in
DNSBL.  You see, the logic is "inverted" here. As I said, it was just a
debug message for me, so just remove it avoid being further confused ;)

> I can confirm that the ip’s are listed in either psbl.surriel.com or 
> zen.spamhaus.org so I think everything goes by the book :)

Good.

-- 
You received this mail because you are subscribed to [email protected]
To unsubscribe, send a mail to: [email protected]

Reply via email to