From: James Pole <ja...@pole.net.nz>
To: James Pole <ja...@pole.net.nz>
Subject: Test
.
==========

This occurs with both the smtpd in the OpenBSD 6.0 base system as well as the
smtpd from pkg on FreeBSD 10.3-RELEASE.

Sendmail in the FreeBSD base system does not exhibit this behaviour. I have not
yet tested with other MTAs.

These are the details for the OpenBSD machine I have found this behaviour on:

==========
$ uname -a
OpenBSD mars.pole.net.nz 6.0 GENERIC#0 amd64
$ smtpd -h
version: OpenSMTPD 6.0.0
usage: smtpd [-dhnv] [-D macro=value] [-f file] [-P system] [-T trace]
$ cat /etc/mail/smtpd.conf
table aliases file:/etc/mail/aliases

pki mars.pole.net.nz certificate "/etc/ssl/acme/fullchain.pem"
pki mars.pole.net.nz key "/etc/ssl/acme/private/privkey.pem"

listen on lo0
listen on lo0 port 10026 tag spampd
listen on egress port 25 tls pki mars.pole.net.nz
listen on egress port 587 tls-require pki mars.pole.net.nz auth mask-source

accept from local for local alias <aliases> deliver to lmtp "/var/dovecot/lmtp"

accept tagged spampd for any alias <aliases> deliver to lmtp "/var/dovecot/lmtp"

accept from any for domain "pole.net.nz" relay via smtp://127.0.0.1:10025

accept from local for any relay
$

Just wanted to check with misc@ for ideas on whether this is a bug with
OpenSMTPD before I forward to bugs@.