On 10/18/16 15:05, José Romildo Malaquias wrote:
> I have been using opensmtp on gentoo linux for some time, but lately
> relaying to GMail lis not working.
> The current version of opensmtp is 6.0.2p1.
> The log file of running
> # smtpd -vd 2>&1 | tee /var/tmp/smtpd.log
> and send a message with the command
> $ MSG="Test #43" && echo "$MSG" | mutt -s "$MSG" malaqu...@gmail.com
> romi...@operamail.com

gmail is fairly picky about quite a few things, so while this may or may
not be related to your actual problem, but I'm pretty much convinced
that gmail would bounce or possibly eat and discard that message unless

* the IP address gmail sees as trying to deliver mail is one that
matches operamail.com's SPF records.

* the message has a DKIM signature that matches the published data

* the domain has a valid DMARC record

and, I recently discovered

* a google-site-verification record with a key they've generated for
your domain.

Even with all those in place, gmail occasionally sees fit to bounce the
ouput of the hourly cron job that exports my list of greytrapped
addresses and reports on some related data, such as the ones in

Thanks for reminding me that I will need to write this up in a nicer
form sometime.

- Peter

http://bsdly.blogspot.com/ http://www.bsdly.net/ http://www.nuug.no/
delilah spamd[29949]: disconnected after 42673 seconds.