I’m attempting to create a multi-domain opensmtpd+dovecot set up.  I have a
question about the FAQ example.  In it you have the following line in the
config:

listen on egress port 587 tls-require pki mail.example.com auth <passwd>

and you have the passwd table in the dovecot as follows:

j...@example.com:$2b$...encrypted...password...::::::
u...@example.net:$2b$...encrypted...password...::::::userdb_quota_rule=*:storage=1G

But in tables.5 it is stated that auth tables are in this format:

Credentials tables are mappings of credentials. They can be used in two
contexts:
listen on tls [...] auth <credentials>

In a listener context, the credentials are a mapping of username and encrypted
passwords:
user1   $2b$10$hIJ4QfMcp.90nJwKqGbKM.MybArjHOTpEtoTV.DgLYAiThuoYmTSe
user2   $2b$10$bwSmUOBGcZGamIfRuXGTvuTo3VLbPG9k5yeKNMBtULBhksV5KdGsK

I am getting failures attempting to connect to my submission port.  The part of
my config relevant is:
listen on lo0
listen on egress port 25 tls pki mail.ceidem.com
listen on egress port 465 tls-require pki mail.ceidem.com
listen on egress port 587 tls-require pki mail.ceidem.com auth <passwd>

with the passwd file:

cei...@ceidem.com:{BLF-CRYPT}$2a$05$...encrypted...password...::::::

Which is correct?  What have I missed?

Also, in the FAQ, you have the following config section:

# tables setup
table aliases file:/etc/mail/aliases
table domains file:/etc/mail/domains
table passwd passwd:/etc/mail/passwd
table virtuals file:/etc/mail/virtuals

But is it never mentioned that the passwd file driver is included in
opensmtpd-extras.  Took me a bit to figure that out.

Thank you for your time,
Chris