Hello,

Now smtp2 writes the message on the disk in order to store it.
What do you people do in order to have a common storage for both smtp which can be correct regardless whether a smtp goes up or down.

I'm afraid my answer has little to do with OpenSMTPD.
The common storage for my emails is managed by Dovecot.
I simply use its replication function between two machines.
https://wiki.dovecot.org/Replication

The replication is instantaneous. It's also super convenient for when you have to install a new server. You only setup the config and the live mailboxes will be pushed onto the system.
(Of course that doesn't excuse one from doing backups!)

HTH
Interested in what other people do as well.