Hi all of you. Thanks for the input. 90 days are just an example.

But I agree with you, My backup MX is more reliable than my primary MX. The
is a test home setup running on an xDSL - line, and the last month, this
xDSL has been running insanely unstable.

Even though it is a test mail, I do receive important mails on it from time
to time, and I am able to view these mails on the backup mx by issuing:

smtpctl show queue
smtpctl show message <number>

Yes, I agree... stupid. But it gets me where I wan.

But.... the backup MX actually does send out notifications. It sends "could
not delivers mails within 4 hours. trying for x days". I actually thought
that a backup MX would just keep it and process it silently.

How to change what is says - and change the interval it sends the
notifications?

Regards, Lars.