Hi,

I was playing a bit with new proc filters and wrote a very simple filter
for rewriting email address in both MAIL FROM command and From header
with the specified email address... in just ~60 lines of AWK!

https://github.com/jirutka/opensmtpd-filter-rewrite-from

I'm really impressed how simple yet powerful is the new proc filter
interface! The fact that you can implement a simple filter in fews lines
of such limited language as AWK clearly proves the simplicity. No
language-specific API and bindings, no complex formats or craps like
gRPC, just plain old processes, stdin/stdout and simple line-oriented
protocol with delimiter-separated fields. The proper Unix way. <3

Jakub