Thanks Thomas.

I had initially installed OpenSMTPD on a VM to do some testing as MSMTP was
functional on my webserver.

So I've installed it on my webserver and applied your suggested change.
It's now working as expected.

I had initially some authentication issues with my ISP Exchange SMTP host
("530 5.7.1 Client was not authenticated") but when I switched to their
general purpose SMTP host, it worked fine.

So here's my final /etc/smtpd.conf file:

table secrets file:/etc/mail/secrets
listen on 127.0.0.1 port 25
action "relay" relay host smtp+tls://mail.iinet.net.au:465 auth <secrets>
match from any for any action "relay"

Thanks again for the help!

Jean-Marc