I recently installed miso on our HPC under python 2.7.12 using pip and it
generally seems to work. I am however running into an issue. So for our users
to use miso, they must load the module (module load python/2.7.12) and then
they are able to call miso. When (for testing) I try to run:

miso --run gff-events/indexed test-data/Galaxy29_sorted.bam --output-dir
test-output/gene-psi-output --read-len 151 --paired-end 184 29

it errors when batching out the genes, with:

Preparing to run 4 batches of jobs...
Running batch of 5397 genes..
  - Executing: python
/cm/shared/apps/python/2.7.12/lib/python2.7/site-packages/misopy/run_miso.py
--compute-genes-from-file
"/home/mweiner/darnmiso/test-output/gene-psi-output/batch-genes/batch-0_genes.txt"
 /home/mweiner/darnmiso/test-data/Galaxy29_sorted.bam
/home/mweiner/darnmiso/test-output/gene-psi-output --read-len 151  --paired-end
184.0 29.0 --settings-filename
/cm/shared/apps/python/2.7.12/lib/python2.7/site-packages/misopy/settings/miso_settings.txt
  - Submitted thread batch-0
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/cm/shared/apps/python/2.7.12/lib/python2.7/site-packages/misopy/run_miso.py",
line 11, in <module>
    import misopy
ImportError: No module named misopy
Running batch of 5398 genes..

And errors like that for all for batches of genes. So, to make sure I actually
have miso installed properly, I run the following:

python2.7
/cm/shared/apps/python/2.7.12/lib/python2.7/site-packages/misopy/run_miso.py
--compute-genes-from-file
"/home/mweiner/darnmiso/test-output/gene-psi-output/batch-genes/batch-0_genes.txt"
 /home/mweiner/darnmiso/test-data/Galaxy29_sorted.bam
/home/mweiner/darnmiso/test-output/gene-psi-output --read-len 151  --paired-end
184.0 29.0 --settings-filename
/cm/shared/apps/python/2.7.12/lib/python2.7/site-packages/misopy/settings/miso_settings.txt

which runs correctly and completes. So my question is, why am I getting the
missing module error above when I don't get it running the individual gene
batches.

Regards
Michael Weiner

===================================

Cleveland Clinic is ranked as one of the top hospitals in America by U.S.News &
World Report (2015).
Visit us online at http://www.clevelandclinic.org for a complete listing of our
services, staff and locations.

Confidentiality Note:  This message is intended for use only by the individual
or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If
the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or
agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are
communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication
in error,  please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in
its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy.

Thank you.