--- On Thu, 8/13/09, Dan Dunaway wrote:

I think "Buy American" and "Buy Locally" is a good idea, but what we often
think of as American companies is now deceptive (just like our politicians).

We have a GE washer/dryer combination that is trash and defective (yet
surprisingly not a manufacturer problem). We will never buy one of their
products again.

We don't buy Mexican produce. We don't buy Chinese goods if we can help it. We
no longer go to dollar stores.

Boy, my world is getting smaller all the time. I need an end of life counselor
to get me out of this.

#yiv1115712255 #yiv249918443 .hmmessage P
{
margin:0px;padding:0px;}
#yiv1115712255 #yiv249918443 {
font-size:10pt;font-family:Verdana;}

#yiv1115712255 #yiv249918443 .ExternalClass DIV
{}

    A physics teacher in high school, once told the students that while one
grasshopper on the railroad tracks wouldn't slow a train very much, a billion
of them would .   With that thought in mind, read the following, obviously
written by a good American.

Good idea . . .   one light bulb at a time . . . .

 Check this out .

I can verify this because I was in Lowe's the other day for some reason and
just for the heck of it I was looking at the hose attachments . They were all
made in  China . The next day I was in Ace Hardware and just for the heck of it
I checked the hose attachments there. They were made in USA. Start looking .

In our current economic situation, every little thing we buy or do affects
someone else - even their job. So, after reading this email, I think this lady
is on the right track . Let's get behind her!

My grandson likes Hershey's candy . I noticed, though, that it is marked made
in  Mexico now. I do not buy it any more . My favorite toothpaste Colgate is
made in Mexico now.   I have switched to Crest .. You have to read the labels
on everything .

This past weekend I was at Kroger . I needed 60W light bulbs and Bounce dryer
sheets . I was in the light bulb aisle, and right next to the GE brand I
normally buy was an off brand labeled, "Everyday Value. " I picked up both
types of bulbs and compared the stats - they were the same except for the
price. The GE bulbs were more money than the Everyday Value brand but the thing
that surprised me the most was the fact that GE was made in MEXICO and the
Everyday Value brand was made in - get ready for this - the USA in a company in
Cleveland,  Ohio.

So throw out the myth that you can not find products you use every day that are
made right here .

So on to another aisle - Bounce Dryer Sheets . . . yep, you guessed it, Bounce
cost more money and is made in Canada . The Everyday Value brand was less money
and MADE IN THE USA! I did laundry yesterday and the dryer sheets performed
just like the Bounce Free I have been using for years and at almost half the
price!

My challenge to you is to start reading the labels when you shop for everyday
things and see what you can find that is made in the USA - the job you save may
be your own or your neighbors!

If you accept the challenge, pass this on to others in your address book so we
can all start buying American, one light bulb at a time! Stop buying from
overseas companies!

(We should have awakened a decade ago . . .!!)

Let's get with the program . . . . help our fellow Americans keep their jobs
and create more jobs here in the U.S.A.