From: missourilibertycoalition@googlegroups.com
[mailto:missourilibertycoalit...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Eric Vought
Sent: Sunday, August 23, 2009 4:49 AM
To: missourilibertycoalition@googlegroups.com
Subject: The Phony Healthcare Debate

I just made an interesting discovery and sent this letter to the News
Leader:

Many people, Barack Obama, the Democratic National Committee, and quite a
few in the media, have said that the opposition to "health care reform" is
phony. There has even been an accusation (from Mr.
Obama himself) that Israeli intelligence agents are stirring up dissent in
the US to embarrass our president.

I am one of the people stirring up opposition to the health care proposals.
I have mailed letters, made phone calls, shown up at our representatives'
offices, organized meetings, and read through hundreds of pages of
incredibly complex, difficult, and just plain convoluted bills to try to
understand the proposals. I am not paid, either by the insurance industry,
the Republican Committees, or the Israeli government, just an ordinary
citizen who is quite concerned about our choices in healthcare. I work with
a number of other concerned, ordinary citizens.

But that does not appear to be the case for people pushing the health care
bills. In preparing for an upcoming town hall with Senator Calire McCaskill,
who presumably represents me in DC, I went to my.barrackobama.com to see
what others were doing in the area. I found
this:

"We are making calls for Claire's Town Halls so come on out. We are making
calls from national audio on 309 E water st. springfield mo from 6-9. So
please bring your cell phone, charger, and also your desire to fill those
town halls with Claire's Supporters."

Mass calling events like this are scheduled for the entire two weeks leading
up to the town hall. A town hall meeting is supposed to be where a
politician meets with citizens, finds out what their concerns are, answers
their questions, and, in general, learns what she has to do to represent
them better. Instead, the Senator is having people spend 3 hours a night for
2 weeks to "fill those town halls" with people who already support her own
pre-planned agenda because she distributed it before hand. What can either a
voter or a Senator learn in such an environment?

Of what possible benefit can such a completely scripted meeting be? To fool
the media, of course. So that the Press sees row after row of shiny happy
health care "reform" supporters and so no one has to answer embarrassing
questions, even if the answers would make a better bill or a better country.
So that they can prove that opposition to a "public option" is entirely
fake.

Something is certainly fake here, but I do not think it is the concern of
private citizens for a complex, expensive, and ill-thought-out piece of
legislation. I would be one of "Claire's Supporters" at this town hall if I
thought for a moment she cared what we all thought and why we are worried,
but that is clearly not the case.

The events I describe are found at:
http://my.barackobama.com/page/event/search_results?event_type
[]=
254
&event_type
[]=
255
&event_type
[]=
256
&zip_radius
[1]=70&type=advanced&orderby=zip_radius&zip_radius[0]=65810&x=28&y=17

e.g.:
http://my.barackobama.com/page/event/detail/letsgetitdonehealthinsurancerefo
rmnowpublicevents/gpfkxz

This whole thing is a new and disturbing trend in politics. I have reports
of staged events and bussed in demonstrators all over the country.

Sincerely,

Eric Vought
"Faith does not absolve us from trying to understand our world and make
moral distinctions with the eyes and brain given us. Religion is as much
responsibility as direction: Duty not Distinction."