Hi MITK-users,

I wanted to use our Aurora system together with the MITK workbench. I
have the following configuration:

- An Aurora Tabletop Field Generator
- A 6DoF reference tool connected to port 1
- Four 5DoF tools (inside a catheter) connected to port 2 and 3 (two
tools on one port)

This catheter is not available anymore, however, NDI sells a new version
of it [1]. It has a 6DoF tool in its tip and six 5DoF tools inside the
catheter. In total it needs four input ports of the Aurora system [2].

When I use the MITK workbench [3] it connects well and finds the 6DoF
tool without a problem. However, the four 5DoF tools are handled as two
6DoF tools. So my question are:

1. Did anyone ever use such a configuration (two 5DoF tools on one port)?

2. Does anyone knows how much work it would be to implement this? The
protocol and its implementation in MITK looks quiet complicated. Maybe
you could give me some hints.

Thank you for your help

Best

Martin

[1] NDI Aurora tool: Aurora 5/6DOF Shape Tool, Type 1:
https://www.ndigital.com/medical/products/tools-and-sensors/

[2] Connection of new Aurora Catheter:
http://slicer-devel-archive.65872.n3.nabble.com/file/n4030138/P08-10-13_10-15.jpg

[3] master branch, Commit 656c1291568b7b67e41a927b633c087f92db6c9a from
30.01.2018