Hi Daniel
Thanks a lot!

2013/7/7 Daniel Schürmann <dasch...@mixxx.org>

> Hi 魏欣
>
> Here some thought. But apologize if they are all rubbish, because I did
> not follow your work that close.
>
> I am not sure if I get your point. It is correct that you are trying to
> put the xml mapping file logical content in you database?

Yes, I am.

> Is the mapping xml file generated from the database later?

If so, I am not in favor with this idea, because it will put additional
> limitations to the Mixxx and Mapping development. It is possible to store
> the mapping files as they are it is into the database?
>
> No, I just want to put the xml mapping file logical content in my
database, but it is not enough. Another two items, <presets certification
status> and <controller cover picture> is necessary for me to implement my
search function I have designed.   I know that it's better not
put additional limitations to the Mixxx and Mapping development, So I have
an idea that I build another xml file which store <preset name>(this is
<certification status>(these three items are necessary for me and going to
add into my database. ) of all the preset in /res/controllers. This xml
file will be parsed  and the content will be pulled into my database at the
same time with the xml mapping file logical content pulled into my
database.  How about this way? In fact I think this way is a bit
wierd, <presets certification status> and <controller cover picture> shoud
be same as <scriptfiles> stored in xml mapping file in logic.

> If not, we Mixxx have a parser for the xml mappings. Did you have a look
> at it? It stores the data from the xml in structures hand hash tables.
> Maybe it is a good idea to split this part into a separate so/dll and add
> your database code to it. This way we can maintain all midi mapping code at
> one place.

I have readed the parser code. I have planed to make use of it to pull xml
mapping file content into my database.

> Is it possible to use C++ shared obejcts within the backstage server?
>
> I have written a parser script in Python within the backstage server. Is
it necessary to use C++? This script file will be run only when we deploy
our backstage server.

Hope that helps!

Thanks again!

> Kind regards,
>
> Daniel

Here I give a list of columns of preset table and file storage table in my
planed client database.
====preset table ====
1) pid.(uuid. this should stay the same with server side database)
2) author.
3) url. Its values may be "null" for preset build by mixxx, "a forums link"
for preset coming from mixxx forum, and "a wiki link" for preset coming
from mixxx wiki.
4) description.
5) preset_source. If xml mapping preset file include <forums>, its value is
"forums" and if include <wiki>, its value is "wiki", otherwise its value is
"mixxx".
6) preset_status. Its values are "certificated","uncertificated", and
"certificating".
7) mixxx_version
8) preset_name
9) controller_name
10) schema_version
==== file storage table====
1) fid(auto increment)
2) pid(Foreign key)
3) file type. its value are "xml","js","png"(show covers for search results)
4) file name
5) directory

The contents in red are what I can not get from our current xml mapping
preset file.

Best Regards,
weixin