On May 21, 2014 7:56 AM, "Daniel Schürmann" <dasch...@mixxx.org> wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> > I was just thinking that more cloud service we have is the better ...
>
> This is a valid point. So there is nothing against working with the
Mixcloud API if you have fun. And if you get sponsored, it is even more fun
:-).

Yeah, exactly. If you want to do it, go for it!

The MixCloud team approached us about 6 months ago asking us to develop
some sort of integration, but ultimate could provide no financial support
for us so nothing happened. I spoke with them and they understood our
situation, which is that all our developers were busy fixing bugs or
working on features with a higher impact for our users. They were also
unable to develop the feature themselves. We can't ask any of our devs to
stop what they're developing (in our free time, mind you) because some
company wants feature X. Either there's money involved or else nobody will
want to stop working on their own cool new features.

That said, if you DO want this feature, by all means go for it. We want
some cloud integration, it's just that nobody else wants to do it. :) The
project is yours for the taking, and I'm sure it'll be appreciated by both
our development team and our users.

Thanks,
Albert

> IMHO the jumping point here is if and how we will merge this to the
master branch.
> A generic plug-In solution, something like the controller scrips might be
suit here.

> By the way: Do you have a idea how a Mixcloud integration will look like?
Is it all just about a preference page and a upload button in the recording
view?

> Kind regards,
>
> Daniel

>> Hi,
>> hm, for sure I did not think about this point of view... I was just
thinking that more cloud service we have is the better for the project, I
mean that we may attract some users with these integration...
>> Anyway, after reading your answer I really looking to it from a
different view :)
>> I think you're right, we "could" ask something for it, like asking them
to advertise use or something.
>> Should I get some contact point and ask if they willing to have some
kind of agreement ? As I'm just a wannabe mixxx developer, most probably
I'm not the best
>> person for this, I mean I would not dare to speak in the name of the
developers as I had ~0.000000001% work in the whole project :)

http://www.mixxx.org/wiki/doku.php/gsoc2013ideas?s[]=cloud#cloud_library_support_soundcloud_spotify_etc
>>> But finally we have decided not to offer this as GSoC project, because
of various reasons.

>>> The topic is so difficult, because we hit strong commercial interests,
once we starting to promote commercial cloud services.
>>> IMHO a Cloud service integration in Mixxx is a implicit advertising. I
am not against doing this, but we should not do this for free.

>>> Maybe other on the list will correct me, but here the state of
discussion for possible solutions:
>>> * We can do a Cloud service branch (OEM Version)
>>> * We can offer a Cloud service API, to allow to install Cloud Service
Plug-Ins

>>> What is the biggest advantage for the user to have a Mixcloud
integration, isn't already possible to upload a recorded mix?

>>> Mixcloud was recently integrated in traktor, I wander how the deal was
made ...

>>> You may ask Mixcloud how they are willing to support you and the Mixxx
community for such a job.

>>> Kind regards,
>>>
>>> Daniel

support ? Under support I mean upload... they provide API for uploading. I
can check it and so make a C++ library for it if you think it worth the
time... (right after I'm done with the LP mini mapping - documentation)

http://p.sf.net/sfu/SauceLabs