Hi,

I think these two bugs should be implemented with a workflow like this:

- select a folder to export files to (‘create external mixxx library’ for
example), let’s say
  /media/external/exported

- mixxx creates empty database to the location, for example
  /media/external/exported/.mixxx/mixxx.sqlite

- if successful, the exported library is shown in the mixxx sidebar with
‘unmount' icon

- user drags tracks from the library to the folder in sidebar, just like to a
playlist
  -> mixxx copies the tracks to the folder and updates database in external
directory
     -> the external DB must contain path in internal DB to match the tracks
later
     -> tag changes must be timestamped to allow merging of changes back
  -> user can create folders, which are folders in the export directory, and
mixxx has
      relative paths to the tracks in the exported directory

- user unmount the external library from sidebar
  -> exported database is closed and the entry disappears from mixxx sidebar

- on another (or same) mixxx machine, user chooses ‘import external library’
  -> the library is shown in mixxx sidebar, and changes can be imported (but
maybe not
      automatically? Maybe option in sidebar context menu or in import dialog?)
  -> tracks can be played normally from the sidebar external library folder

I see no point exporting cue info or waveforms in json or xml formats, because
the data is internal to mixxx.

        *hile*