On 08/22/2016 11:35 AM, Daniel Schürmann wrote:

> Am 22.08.2016 3:44 nachm. schrieb "Be" <b...@gmx.com <mailto:b...@gmx.com>>:
>
>> There are two problems with this:
>> 1. If Auto DJ is open in the right track table, there is a spatial
>> disconnect between the open feature and where the user has to click to
>> access its LibrarySidebarExpanded.
>> 2. The feature icon bar is relatively cluttered. To open the
>> LibrarySidebarExpanded with your proposal requires searching through
>> many different icons to find the desired one and understanding where it
>> would open a track table if it would change the open track tables.
>
> Yes, this bugs me as well. The button bar was introduced to avoid
> scrolling when changing features. But we get not entirely rid of it. We
> have discussed to introduce a fly out menu or customizable sorting, but
> no idea has become real by now.

Oh! Now I understand how a fly out menu could work: to replace the
feature icon bar entirely. Clicking and releasing the breadcrumb icon
would change LibrarySidebarExpanded to show the current track table's
feature. Clicking and holding the breadcrumb icon would bring up a menu
like the current feature icons list. This would make our differences
about focusing track table panes moot because different features would
be opened directly on the track table they change.

>> Having an icon on the track tables for this will solve both issues.
>
> Good idea! We have actually an icon for it: The breadcrumb icon. It
> should be somehow natural for this feature because it matches the button
> bar icon.

I was thinking of using the new focus button for this, but I'm liking
the idea outlined above better.