Hey Grant,

install the free ASIO4ALL driver first (http://www.asio4all.com). This
enables audio stream input output routing to your laptops soundcard.

Then you should be able to select ASIO4ALL as sound driver instead of
WASAPI, WDM or DirectSound or whatever (which are all "poor").

Another effort of using ASIO is a way better (shorter) latency from the
things you see on the screen and what arrives your ears.

Thorsten