Hi Grant,

Sorry you're having trouble. In the "Sound Hardware" preferences (the page
that came up when you tried to start Mixxx), try changing "Sound API" to
WASAPI or WDM-KS if those are available options.

Could you send a screenshot of the Sound Hardware page? What options are
listed under "Sound API"

Best regards,
RJ