Hi Anast,

First, thanks again for your work on nested crates and for starting this discussion.

Although the library redesign branch is (mostly?) feature complete, it is a *massive* change that has not been extensively tested yet. I am concerned that targeting it for the next release would push the release back by months. Can we identify the remaining issues with the library redesign branch? If we could come up with a procedure/checklist for manual testing to identify issues that would be helpful. Then we may get a more realistic idea of just how much work would be required.

I propose to focus development on finishing the open PRs polishing the effects, skins, and Windows upgrading, then finally cutting a beta release, then shifting our focus to the library redesign. I was hoping the work on those open PRs would be done early during GSoC, but alas, here we are in September with PRs that have been sitting awaiting review since May or earlier. My postfader effects branch has been complete for over two months without any review at all.

I am frustrated with this situation. I don't think it's fair that you and Joan have to wait so long for your work to finally get released, but I do want to have a release at all. We had a plan for cutting a beta release in late January, then that just didn't happen without any discussion of what was going on. IMO the long term solution is to have more people testing and reviewing, but every time I ask for that, or process improvements to make it easier to get more people involved with testing, it seems to go nowhere. :/ I hope that putting out the next release, which finally has all the common features of controllers implemented, will bring a surge of developer interest, but to get there, we need to have a release. It seems like a chicken-and-egg problem. I don't know what else to do at this point other than wait for things to keep slowly plodding along at the pace they have been.

Going back to the library redesign, we also have the issue of the general design of the library GUI. Currently the second library feature pane is just disabled to postpone finishing the design. If we were to actually release this single-pane version, there should be a bit more polishing to remove awkwardness from when it was designed for two features. If we postpone merging the branch for after the next release, I would like to make the following release with a fully developed two-pane solution as originally intended for Joan's GSoC project. I think we have a good idea for what direction to move forward with the design (independently selecting each feature), but it will take a lot of work to implement.

How does the multi-broadcasting branch fit into this? I have not tested it. Looking at the discussion on the PR, it seems there are just a few relatively small UX design issues to figure out before it is ready to merge. Is that correct? If that is the case, I think it could go in the next release.