As for translating the manual ( as an author of one of the only two mostly
complete translations ), what happens when the english versions of the
sentences change, is that the translated sentence dissapears and has to be
rewritten completely.
Given that the sentences on a manual tend to be long, small changes in the
english version could cause quite some work on the translations. (I don't
know if transifex has improved this recently or not, or if it simply
depends on how the original sentences get updated)

On the other hand, new sentences do not imply any problem, and the
translator just has to keep an eye to the amount of sentences that miss
translation.
​
As for the format, remember that we have two versions, the PDF one,
included with Mixxx, and the HTML version, which can be accessed online
from mixxx.org.