On 1 Mar 2003, Davros wrote:

> Hi Selva,
>
> You've got me worried now!  Just when I thought I had a handle on this
> process...
>
> No, my source material is not exactly 24, it's from an ntsc DVD and it's
> 23.9 something - i thought that the target rate to shoot for was 29.9
> something as well! Aren't these fairly common values?

If your source is 23.97 it will play back at the correct ntsc
rate of  29.97 with the pulldown tag. So no need to worry. As I worte
earlier you don't need yuvkineco, your source is already at the ntsc
film rate. Just go ahead and encode with -F 1 -p.

I wrote:

> > [*] I am assuming that the source is actually 24000:1001 fps. Else
> > you may have to skip 1 frame every 1001 frames to keep the audio in sync.

24000:1001 = 23.97.. Framedrop is needed only for true 24fps sources.

Selva