Hallo

> On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 04:53:54PM -0800, Steven M. Schultz wrote:
> >       Right - that's because the encoded frame size of a standard SVCD
> >       is 480x480.   Legal sizes for DVDs are 720x480, 704x480, 352x480
> >       MPEG-2, and 352x240 MPEG-1
>
> Ok, so much for SVCD's, but my VCD's are 352x250 MPEG-1.  Can I
> transfer those to DVD without re-encoding?
That should be possible.

I think you shoul be able tu dump the data from the vcd with vcddump
(from the vcdimager package).

And you can split the movie into audio and video with bbdmux (from the
bbtools package, last time found on http://www.nop.org/inkling/)

You will have to rencode the audio after all because VCD has 44.1kHz
sampling rate and DVD likes 48kHz Sampling rate.

Conversion goes like that:
mpg123 -w sound.wav sound.mp2
cat sound.wav | mp2enc -r 48000 -o sound_48.mp2

Than multiplex it again, and try to burn it on the disk.

auf hoffentlich bald,

Berni the Chaos of Woodquarter

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
www: http://www.lysator.liu.se/~gz/bernhard