Hello,

My standalone DVD Player (Grundig GDV 130) has problems with mpeg2enc
encoded dvds. To be more precisely, the fast forward scan does not work.

When doing a 2x FF, the player continues with normal speed but without
sound.

When doing a 4x FF, it does basically the same as at 2x

With 8x, 16x, 32x 62x I get some fast forward, because the player begins
to skip larger sequences.

When playing a standard dvd, the 2x FF brings real 2x speed video,
without skipping (looks smooth).

I fiddled around with mpeg2enc options, espacially with
--sequence-header-every-gop and --closed-gop, but it did not help.

One example:

transcode -i *$i*avi -x mplayer,mplayer -y mpeg2enc,mp2enc -F 8,"-b
9000  --interlace-mode 0 --sequence-header-every-gop --closed-gop
--keep-hf --force-b-b-p --custom-quant-matrices tmpgenc --multi-thread 2
-2 1 -4 1 -q$QUAL "  -Z 480x416 --post_clip -80,0 -M 1 -b 160 -n 0x55
--export_asr 2 -o colt.$i

Any Hints?

Thanks in advance!
Clemens