Hallo

Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 January 2007 15:37, Martin Samuelsson wrote:
>> On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 19:58:30 +0000
>>
>> Anne Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> Is it possible to tell lavrec to look to video1 instead of video0?
>> By running lavrec without any parameters, you can get a long list of
> accepted parameters. At the very end is the following:
>>> Environment variables recognized:
>>>    LAV_VIDEO_DEV, LAV_AUDIO_DEV, LAV_MIXER_DEV
>> So yes, by giving LAV_VIDEO_DEV the value /dev/video1, you will instruct
>> lavrec to use another video device.
>>
> Thanks, both of you.  I'm stuck with this awful business of udev sometimes
> giving it video0 and sometimes video1.  I'm experimenting with persistent
> symlinks, so it should be possible to point it at /dev/DC10plus.  If that
> works as it is supposed to do it will track whichever device setting is
> allocated to it.

I'm a bit lazy, and because of that I have the following lines in my
.bashrc (.profile should also work) :
export LAV_VIDEO_DEV=/dev/video1
export LAV_AUDIO_DEV=/dev/dsp1
export LAV_MIXER_DEV=/dev/mixer1

To use the 2nd video card, and 2nd sound card.

auf hoffentlich bald,

Berni the Chaos of Woodquarter

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
www: http://www.lysator.liu.se/~gz/bernhard