On Thursday 18 January 2007 16:58, Bernhard Praschinger wrote:
> Hallo
>
> Anne Wilson wrote:
> > On Wednesday 17 January 2007 15:37, Martin Samuelsson wrote:

> >> By running lavrec without any parameters, you can get a long list of
> >
> > accepted parameters. At the very end is the following:
> >>
> >> So yes, by giving LAV_VIDEO_DEV the value /dev/video1, you will instruct
> >> lavrec to use another video device.
> >
> > Thanks, both of you.  I'm stuck with this awful business of udev
> > sometimes giving it video0 and sometimes video1.  I'm experimenting with
> > persistent symlinks, so it should be possible to point it at
> > /dev/DC10plus.  If that works as it is supposed to do it will track
> > whichever device setting is allocated to it.
>
> I'm a bit lazy, and because of that I have the following lines in my
> .bashrc (.profile should also work) :
> export LAV_VIDEO_DEV=/dev/video1
> export LAV_AUDIO_DEV=/dev/dsp1
> export LAV_MIXER_DEV=/dev/mixer1
>
> To use the 2nd video card, and 2nd sound card.

Good idea.  In case anyone else is trying to do something with persistent
symlinks, I've now got it working - at least, time will tell whether it's
tracking things properly.  The thing to note, though, is that udev doesn't
automatically apply those rules that set up the symlinks.  You have to
run 'udevtrigger'.

After exporting LAV_VIDEO_DEV=/dev/DC10plus and running 'udevtrigger' I could
make a test recording.

Anne