On Tue, 6 Nov 2007, Florin Andrei wrote:

> >     which means that since SDL uses/needs the X11 libraries it includes
> >     them and doesn't rely on the higher level applications adding them.
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ sdl-config --libs
> -L/usr/lib -lSDL

        Hmmm, but if SDL calls X11 shouldn't it include the necessary info
        in its --libs?

> Maybe the output of this command could be used to make a decision when
> lavtools/Makefile is generated?

        No, it can't.  Some systems don't use X11 to do their SDL output.
        On another system I have the sdl-config --libs gives:

-L/usr/local/lib -lSDLmain -lSDL -Wl,-framework,Cocoa -Wl,-framework,OpenGL

> >     A better workaround would be to edit the sdl-config script and add

> Hm, if I do that, I wonder what other things may break.

        I don't think anything will break.

        I'll look into the problem some  more.  There's only 1 place in
        lavtools/ that might need X11 - so maybe a more specific test can
        be found.

> >     You wouldn't happen to be getting an OLD version of...
>
> Oops, yeah, I had 1.9.0-rc2 installed in /opt and it was in PATH and in
> Moved it out of the way and today's CVS compiles just fine. Sorry for ...

        Whew, that's a relief ;)