Hi all,
I stumbled over a problem in mkgmap
when I build a map with my bikeroute style (an overlay-map to highlight
bicycle routes)
I get a non-functional map for bigger areas.
There is no error message during the build process, just the resulting map
file is faulty.
When I remove some tiles the map is OK.
It seems to be related to the size of the map, not the data itself.

I composed a sample that produces a good and a bad map.
Unfortunately the files are rather big. The smallest example I could build
is ~600MB.
I will provide a link to the example once the upload has finished.
<http://gis.19327.n8.nabble.com/file/t339543/BAD.bmp> 
<http://gis.19327.n8.nabble.com/file/t339543/GOOD.bmp> 
The faulty map get displayed in the Garmin's map list as "Map data (c)
OpenStreetmap" while the good map get displayed correctly as "Bikeroute"

When I remove one tile from the build the map is OK. It does not matter
which one I remove. So there is no error in one single tile. It has to be a
more complex problem.

Ciao,
  Franco




--
Sent from: http://gis.19327.n8.nabble.com/Mkgmap-Development-f5324443.html
_______________________________________________
mkgmap-dev mailing list
mkgmap-dev@lists.mkgmap.org.uk
http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/mkgmap-dev

Reply via email to