Hello Marcus,

> Sounds good, don't feel obligated to work on the parts before GSoC has
started,
> but it might be a good opportunity to get familiar with the codebase,
your call.

Just finished a basic implementation of the lbest variant of PSO. It was
indeed a good opportunity to get familiar with the codebase.

Tested it out on the Rastrigin and Rosenbrock functions (8 particles, 2
dimensions, 1000 iterations) and the tests passed. Will be testing more
rigorously tomorrow, add proper comments/documentation, and will also
submit a PR.

Small doubt: what format are we using for documenting mathematical formulae
in the code? Is it Tex?

I was also wondering if using OpenMP would speed up the execution of the
algorithm, since PSO is embarrassingly parallel. I am not sure if OpenBLAS
uses threading by default, so it is difficult to comment on the outcome
without running a few timing tests. Will be carrying out those as well on
substantially larger parameters and more particles to confirm results.

As for the application, it is still a WIP; should get a decent first draft
done over the weekend.

Thanks for all the help.

Regards,
Chintan.