> On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 9:38 AM, Dan Dennedy <d...@dennedy.org> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 6:05 AM, Juan Martin Runge <jmru...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Dan,
>>> Sorry for delay, but was busy with other problems.  I finally got the
>>> stack trace!  Melted was running for almost two days and almost without
>>> action (only one casual append or clean, but usta every 50 millis) and then
>>> I send circa 30 append commands one after the other. Here is the result:
>>>
>>> I do not need the full log, but neither is the partial backtrace
>> providing enough information. We will either need to increase the 10s to
>> 100s in melted_local.c:sigsegv_handler(), or run melted in gdb and issue
>> 'thread apply all bt' within gdb when it crashes. I will try to recreate
>> the problem based on some MVCP usage patterns I see from your log above. I
>> encourage you to do the same. In your system, Is the client that is calling
>> USTA on a different thread/process & socket than the client calling CLEAN
>> and APND?
>>

> I am able to reproduce a crash due to a race condition somewhere inside
> the avformat producer. It may be tricky to fix, but I am trying. There is
> probably some workaround you can do with MVCP, but I have not explored
> that. Perhaps stopping the unit before sending all these commands, or
> skipping the clean command and instead doing a wipe after appending, or
> putting a delay between append commands - my test sends as fast as
> possible, not even waiting for server to respond to each one.

Thats just what we are doing.  Sending commands without waiting the server
to respond each one.  Now Im reimplementing the software (mbc-mosto) with
java (instead of node.js) to be able to be synchronous without using hacks.
 We cant stop the unit, but will try the append + wipe in our current
software and let you know.

Thanks!