On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 7:24 PM, Dan Dennedy <d...@dennedy.org> wrote:
> On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 3:33 AM, hatsch <hat...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> hello everyone,
>> i am trying to use the great webvfx producer for dynamic content on
>> our melted playout server.
>> the profile we are using for SDI (decklink)  playout is dv_pal_wide,
>>
>> unfortunately the webvfx producer doesn't seem to care about
>> anamorphic pixels and therefore only shows a canvas of 720x576 in
>

> It is not the responsibility of the webvfx producer to care about that. It
> only has the responsibility to indicate its pixel aspect ratio as 1.0, which
> it does here:
> https://github.com/mltframework/webvfx/blob/master/mlt/webvfx_producer.cpp#L107
>
> It is the responsibility of the automatically added resize and rescale
> filters to normalize the aspect ratio of the source to the mlt_profile.
> However, there is also the frame property "aspect_ratio" that still needs to
> be set, but it does not. When not set, the framework sets the frame's
> default aspect_ratio to that of the profile. I think this is the problem.
> Perhaps a change is needed in the framework to set the frame's aspect ratio
> from the producer's meta. properties.
>

>> square pixel where it should be 1024 pixel width for fullscreen.
>>
>> has anyone an idea how i can get the webvfx producer to show the full
>> 1024x576 webpage and output it to 720x576 anamorph via SDI?
>>
>> any input or workaround is very appreciated!
>

> You are compiling webvfx yourself? If so, modify
> mlt/webvfx_producer.cpp:getFrame(). Where you see:
> mlt_properties_set_int(properties, "progressive", 1);
> Add line:
> mlt_properties_set_double(properties, "aspect_ratio", 1.0);

yes i am compiling myself.
i have modified webvfx_producer.cpp to set the aspect_ratio
and while it is still showing 720px width it is not stretched anymore.

just as a guess i also tried setting in  mlt/webvfx_producer.cpp:getFrame().
mlt_properties_set_int(properties, "width", 1024);
mlt_properties_set_int(properties, "height", 576);
which had no effect at all.

while changing in mlt/webvfx_producer.cpp:createProducer().
--mlt_properties_set_int(properties, "meta.media.width", profile->width);
--mlt_properties_set_int(properties, "meta.media.height", profile->height);
++mlt_properties_set_int(properties, "meta.media.width", 1024);
++mlt_properties_set_int(properties, "meta.media.height", 576);

additional to setting the aspect ratio in the function above made it
work with melt!

and because meta.media.width is possible to set with melt
melt -profile dv_pal_wide   -producer
webvfx:plain:http://dorfdev.neuf.at/node/9398/overlay
meta.media.width=1024   -consumer decklink:

works like expected!

@juan while the output is dv_pal_wide the webvfx content area is only
720px width and stretching

i have a test page with a css circle ( to see if it is stretched) ,
some text, and a page width inicator.
http://dorfdev.neuf.at/node/9398/overlay

> See if that fixes the problem.

the next problem i have is with bringing the correct aspect ratio to
melted, unfortunatly i have only SDI hardware available for some hours
a day, so i can only continue testing tomorrow.

thank you for all the suggestions