On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 3:13 AM, hatsch <hat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 7:24 PM, Dan Dennedy <d...@dennedy.org> wrote:
>> On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 3:33 AM, hatsch <hat...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> hello everyone,
>>> i am trying to use the great webvfx producer for dynamic content on
>>> our melted playout server.
>>> the profile we are using for SDI (decklink)  playout is dv_pal_wide,
>>>
>>> unfortunately the webvfx producer doesn't seem to care about
>>> anamorphic pixels and therefore only shows a canvas of 720x576 in
>>

>> It is not the responsibility of the webvfx producer to care about that. It
>> only has the responsibility to indicate its pixel aspect ratio as 1.0, which
>> it does here:
>> https://github.com/mltframework/webvfx/blob/master/mlt/webvfx_producer.cpp#L107
>>
>> It is the responsibility of the automatically added resize and rescale
>> filters to normalize the aspect ratio of the source to the mlt_profile.
>> However, there is also the frame property "aspect_ratio" that still needs to
>> be set, but it does not. When not set, the framework sets the frame's
>> default aspect_ratio to that of the profile. I think this is the problem.
>> Perhaps a change is needed in the framework to set the frame's aspect ratio
>> from the producer's meta. properties.
>>

>>> square pixel where it should be 1024 pixel width for fullscreen.
>>>
>>> has anyone an idea how i can get the webvfx producer to show the full
>>> 1024x576 webpage and output it to 720x576 anamorph via SDI?
>>>
>>> any input or workaround is very appreciated!
>>

>> You are compiling webvfx yourself? If so, modify
>> mlt/webvfx_producer.cpp:getFrame(). Where you see:
>> mlt_properties_set_int(properties, "progressive", 1);
>> Add line:
>> mlt_properties_set_double(properties, "aspect_ratio", 1.0);
>
> yes i am compiling myself.
> i have modified webvfx_producer.cpp to set the aspect_ratio
> and while it is still showing 720px width it is not stretched anymore.

OK, good I will make that change. BTW, the new home of webvfx is now
MLT and https://github.com/mltframework/webvfx since we are the ones
maintaining it now.

> just as a guess i also tried setting in  mlt/webvfx_producer.cpp:getFrame().
> mlt_properties_set_int(properties, "width", 1024);
> mlt_properties_set_int(properties, "height", 576);
> which had no effect at all.
>
> while changing in mlt/webvfx_producer.cpp:createProducer().
> --mlt_properties_set_int(properties, "meta.media.width", profile->width);
> --mlt_properties_set_int(properties, "meta.media.height", profile->height);
> ++mlt_properties_set_int(properties, "meta.media.width", 1024);
> ++mlt_properties_set_int(properties, "meta.media.height", 576);
>
> additional to setting the aspect ratio in the function above made it
> work with melt!

OK, there is really no size information that can be retrieved from the
web page, especially at this point. Therefore, it just uses the next
best thing, which is profile, but as you see that is not optimal with
anamorphic resolutions.

> and because meta.media.width is possible to set with melt
> melt -profile dv_pal_wide   -producer
> webvfx:plain:http://dorfdev.neuf.at/node/9398/overlay
> meta.media.width=1024   -consumer decklink:
>
> works like expected!

And without code change, one could also set the frame aspect ratio via
property: set.aspect_ratio=1.0

> @juan while the output is dv_pal_wide the webvfx content area is only
> 720px width and stretching
>
> i have a test page with a css circle ( to see if it is stretched) ,
> some text, and a page width inicator.
> http://dorfdev.neuf.at/node/9398/overlay
>

>> See if that fixes the problem.
>>

> the next problem i have is with bringing the correct aspect ratio to
> melted, unfortunatly i have only SDI hardware available for some hours
> a day, so i can only continue testing tomorrow.

To do that with melted, you can do "USET U0
producer.meta.media.width=1024" before adding the webvfx producer.