On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 3:21 PM, jb <j...@kdenlive.org> wrote:

> On Tuesday 17 February 2015 23.29:55 jb wrote:
>
> > Please ignore my previous message, I cannot reproduce anymore.
> > This looks like some of my stuff needed to be recompiled.
>
> Well, seems like this is not the end of the story..
> I can now reproduce the bug again, so if someone else can try...
>
> I can now reliably reproduce using png images in a folder, and following
> MLT
> command :
>
> melt ./.all.png ttl=1 out=50 -consumer sdl_preview
>
> Let it play until the end (50 frames), seek back and hit play causes a
> freeze.
> Sometimes seeking back and forth is required before the freeze.
> Small ttl seem to make the freeze happen more frequently

I can reproduce it with your command line, but I also still reproduce it
when I revert the commit you refer to: 87ad198. It is not as easy to
reproduce, but it still reproduces, and the change is needed to allow the
animation to at least occasionally update video on my system.
Looking at all of the threads while in the deadlocked state, I see the sdl
consumer getting stuck on line 876, mlt_consumer_get_frame(), in
consumer_sdl.c. If I comment out lines from 874-880:

        if ( mlt_properties_get_int( MLT_CONSUMER_PROPERTIES( consumer ),
"put_mode" ) == 1 )

        {

                frame = mlt_consumer_get_frame( consumer );

                if ( frame )

                        mlt_frame_close( frame );

                frame = NULL;

        }

Then, I no longer reproduce the problem for this test case. However,
now I worry about sdl_preview getting stuck on some call to
mlt_consumer_put_frame() if I simply remove those lines. So, I still
need to do more analysis and testing.