On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 11:36 AM, Juan Martin Runge <jmru...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Dan and all...
> Im trying to accomplish this thing:
>
> - Capture video from Decklink card on machine A
> - Send "raw info" (could be a mlt_frame object) some way to machine B
> - Let machine B do the encoding stuff (lets say, use avformat consumer to
> produce a network stream).
> - Let machine A also consume this "raw info" to sent it to a Decklink
> consumer (out to Modulator).
>
> I thought using UDP for this.  So I would have a UDP consumer (should
> handle multicast) and UDP producer.
>
> Do you think is kind of a good idea?

No, I have been posting to the Google+ Open Broadcast community about my
colleague, Thomas Edwards' work on SMPTE 2022-6 for SDI over Ethernet. Here
are a couple of articles:

http://www.tvtechnology.com/article/switching-to-ip/272651
http://www.tvtechnology.com/article/smpte--uncompressed-video-over-cots-ethernet-switches/272983

It is not an endeavor to be taken lightly for uncompressed HD. He has been
working with programmable (FPGA) network interface cards.

> Any better suggestion?

Split the signal before it comes into the machine, or do this all on one
machine. You can easily simultaneously output decklink while also
encoding/streaming.

> What would be a good starting point for writing an UDP Consumer/Producer?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Juan Martin

> sponsored
> all