Hello everyone,

I'm thinking of moving away from Kubuntu. Ever since I upgraded to the 15.xx branch, I've only had problems and frustrations. Today, after an update, I lost the sound system. I'm not sure if this is a problem with the based distribution, or if it's because of KDE and Plasma 5, but I'm kind of tired of spending so much time trying to fix this instead of using the system. Kubuntu 15 has been a huge disappointment to me.

I want to stick with a Debian based distribution. I'm considering Debian or Mint. Mostly, I need to be able to install the latest Nvidia drivers for Steam Linux support. That's about my only requirements. Well, that and a stable system. I might moved over to Cinnamon instead of KDE as well.

Has anyone moved away to a different distribution after years of using Kubuntu, and what are you using now?

--
Ravnox