Hi there,

I have been a happy user with Ebox for many years now.

Their Tech support is "Linux compatible": I got no weird reaction when
explaining my checks using Linux tools.

Because I'm on cable and that it goes through Videotron's infrastructure, I
haven't been able to get native IPv6. Tunnels are ok as usual though. And they
may offer native IPv6 on ADSL, I didn't check.

The only time I wasn't happy was when a machine damaged the videotron line for
my home (it was visible) and they made me bring my modem at their office in
Longueuil to check if it was still working. But may be it's standard procedure
before they can Videotron support.

About unlimited Internet, it's among their choices. About the speed, everytime
I checked the result was corresponding to what I pay for (download and upload).
The latency is quite good even if I'm not on optical fiber.

About shortages (downtime) they are extremely rare in my area. There was one
time, a few years ago, where I had to call, late at night, and I got it back a
few hours later. The 2 other times that I can remember of was also very late at
night and I only had to unplug/replug the electricity from cable modem. And,
even if I didn't setup a link supervision (yet), I use my Internet almost all
the time, so I'm aware quite fast when something is wrong.

So, like I said, I'm quite happy with it.

Regards, J.C.

(Note: I have no interest in bringing more client to Ebox, I'm not related with
them in any other way than being a simple client)

-------- Courriel d’origine --------