CALL FOR SPEAKERS -- JVM LANGUAGE SUMMIT, AUGUST 2015

We are pleased to announce the 2015 JVM Language Summit to be held at Oracle's
Santa Clara campus on August 10-12, 2015. Registration is now open for speaker
submissions (presentations and workshops) and will remain open until May 22,
2015. There is no registration fee for speakers.

The JVM Language Summit is an open technical collaboration among language
designers, compiler writers, tool builders, runtime engineers, and VM
architects. We will share our experiences as creators of both the JVM and
programming languages for the JVM. We also welcome non-JVM developers of
similar technologies to attend or speak on their runtime, VM, or language of
choice.

Presentations will be recorded and made available to the public via the Oracle
Technology Network.

This event is being organized by language and JVM engineers; no marketers
involved! So bring your slide rules and be prepared for some seriously geeky
discussions.

Format

The summit is held in a single classroom-style room to support direct
communication between participants. About 80-100 attendees are expected.

As in previous years, we will divide the schedule between traditional
presentations and "workshops." Workshops are informal, facilitated discussion
groups among smaller, self-selected participants, and should enable deeper
"dives" into the subject matter. If there is interest, there will also be
impromptu "lightning talks." Traditional presentations (about 7 each day) will
be given in a single track, while workshops (2–3 each day) will occur in
parallel.

Instructions for Speaker Registration

If you'd like give a presentation or lead a workshop, please register as a
Speaker and include a detailed abstract. There is no fee. You will be notified
about whether your proposal has been accepted; if not, you will be able to
register as a regular attendee.

For a successful presentation or workshop submission, please note the following:

- All talks should be deeply technical, given by designers and implementors to
designers and implementors. We all speak Code here!

- Each talk, we hope and expect, will inform the audience, in detail, about the
state of the art of language design and implementation on the JVM, or will
explore the present and future capabilities of the JVM itself. (Some will do so
indirectly by discussing non-JVM technologies.)

- Know your audience: attendees may not be likely to ever use your specific
language or tool, but could learn something from your interactions with the
JVM. A broad goal of the summit is to inspire us to work together on JVM-based
technologies that enable a rich ecosystem at higher layers.

We encourage speakers to submit both a presentation and a workshop; we will
arrange to schedule the presentation before the workshop, so that the
presentation can spark people's interest and the workshop will allow those who
are really interested to go deeper into the subject area. Workshop facilitators
may, but are not expected to, prepare presentation materials; in any case, they
should come prepared to guide a deep technical discussion.

To register:
regonline.com/jvmls2015

For further information:
jvmlangsummit.com