Hi Christian,

> Am 06.05.2016 um 22:35 schrieb Christian Thalinger
> <christian.thalin...@oracle.com>:
>> Given that one concern with this issue, next to reducing footprint, was to
>> optimise for the single-value case, I'm still a bit hesitant even though the
>> sheer amount of code reduction is impressive. I'll evaluate further.
>
> The main motivation to optimize for the single-value use case is Graal but
> it’s not super important.  Graal solved this issue in a different way and
> it’s questionable Graal would go back using ClassValue so don’t worry too
> much about it.

IIRC Graal has adopted static field storage for its single-value case. Beating
that with a solution that has to have the flexibility of multiple values as
well? Fat chance. :-)

Thanks for confirming,

Michael

--

 <http://www.oracle.com/>
Dr. Michael Haupt | Principal Member of Technical Staff

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Hauptverwaltung: Riesstraße 25, D-80992
München

Komplementärin: ORACLE Deutschland Verwaltung B.V. | Hertogswetering 163/167,
3543 AS Utrecht, Niederlande
Handelsregister der Handelskammer Midden-Nederland, Nr. 30143697
 <http://www.oracle.com/commitment>     Oracle is committed to developing
practices and products that help protect the environment